Our Personal Injury Solicitors offer a free consultation for people injured in accidents at work. If you were injured due to an employer breaching Health & Safety Regulations, call us on freephone 0800 916 9046 or start your claim online.

98% of our Work Accident Injury Claims are funded through a Conditional Fee Agreement, which is more commonly known as a No Win, No Fee agreement. 

This means there is no financial risk to you.

Slater and Gordon Lawyers have successfully represented many people whose injuries at work were caused by their employer contravening Health & Safety regulations; by providing sub standard machinery and equipment or insufficient training.

If you want to claim compensation for a Heath & Safety related accident at work, there are several steps we suggest that you take after your accident.

Health & Safety at Work Claim Checklist

  • Make sure your injury is recorded in the ‘accident book’ at work and, if appropriate, reported to the Health & Safety Executive (HSE)
  • Speak to your Union Rep or contact a specialist personal injury lawyer directly. A Health & Safety claim must be made within three years of the accident so it is worth speaking to someone as soon as you have decided to make a claim to ensure you are in time and the details of your accident are still fresh in your mind 
  • Speak to your Health & Safety Rep about the matter so steps can be put in place to make sure the same type of accident does not happen to anyone else 
  • Get the name of your employer’s insurance company – if a certificate is not on display anywhere then they must give you this information when you ask 
  • Check your contract so you are aware of what sick or accident pay you are entitled to

Health & Safety Claims - Employers Liability

There are a number of areas that an employers' Health & Safety policy must cover – these include equipment, training and supervision.

Health & Safety Claims - Public Liability

Public Liability is where a company has a duty of care to all visitors to their premises (including members of the public or employees from visiting companies) to ensure they are not at risk of injury whilst visiting them.

If you have had an accident and suffered an injury whilst on company premises you might have a personal injury claim, if it can be proved that there were insufficient health and safety provisions made.

Health & Safety Representatives

Health & Safety Representative are employees, appointed by trade unions at workplaces where they have membership.

The role of a Safety Representative is to keep health, safety and welfare arrangements in the work place under continual review. They can investigate potential hazards and the causes of accidents and investigate employee complaints. Representatives can raise matters on health and safety and welfare with the employer, carry out inspections and consult with the various Inspectors and enforcement authorities.

If you have any concerns regarding Health & Safety at your work we strongly advise you to speak to your Health & Safety Rep.

Call our Work Accident Solicitors on freephone 0800 916 9046 or claim compensation online.

Slater and Gordon are a leading personal injury law firm with offices in England, Scotland & Wales.

Our Solicitors can provide immediate legal representation and rehabilitation support anywhere in the UK from our offices in London, Manchester, Watford, Liverpool, Chester, Birmingham, Sheffield, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Cambridge, Milton Keynes, Preston and Wrexham.

Solicitors at Slater and Gordon Lawyers are members of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel, the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) & the Pan European Organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers (PEOPIL).