Legal services for NGSU members
We’ve been representing unions and their members for over nine decades and have developed bespoke legal services to meet your needs and expectations. Through our ongoing relationship with NGSU we’ve tailored the legal benefits available to members to support you at every stage in your life’s journey, in addition to the support we provide to NGSU on employment matters.
Union legal services
Talk to an expert todayContact us
Union legal services
How can our lawyers help?
If you’re a member of NGSU and require legal assistance we’re here to help. Our team of specialist lawyers can provide you with expert advice and assistance. Our services include:
What legal benefits does my NGSU membership cover?
Legal advice helpline. The NGSU legal advice helpline provides 24 hour access to free legal advice throughout the year, to answer simple legal queries straightaway or provides initial assistance for more complex issues. The helpline covers:
- Problems arising out of the sale of goods or supply of services (e.g. faulty products, contract disputes)
- Small debts and credit problems
- Housing and property matters
- Questions relating to wills and administration of estates
- Family and divorce problems involving children, family assets and other related matters
Personal injury. As an NGSU member you’re entitled to free legal advice in matters relating to personal injury and, where appropriate, legal representation. We’ve a long history representing unions and their members and have unique insight and experience of the issues you face. We’ve developed a bespoke service for NGSU where both you and your family can claim and NGSU covers your legal bills. If you or your family have been hurt in any of the following and it wasn’t your fault, we can help:
- A road traffic accident
- An accident at work
- An accident abroad
- A slipping or tripping accident
- Industrial disease
- Medical negligence
Family law service. Our family lawyers know that divorce often involves high emotions, especially when there are children involved. Our team of dedicated family lawyers are sensitive to your needs during this difficult time, and work to resolve your divorce with compassion and efficiency. We’re experienced in all areas of family law and can explain the common aspects of the process, including the legal terms you will hear during procedures. The family law service includes:
- Divorce, separation and civil partnership dissolution
- Children matters
- Financial arrangements following separation
- Cohabitation issues for unmarried couples
- International divorce
- Domestic abuse
- Pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Islamic family law
- Wills and estate planning
As an NGSU member you have access to a discounted fixed fee divorce/dissolution and discounted hourly rates.
Wills, trusts and probate. Making a will is something many of us put off until it’s too late. The only way to ensure that the people you want benefit from your estate in the event of your death is to write a legally enforceable will.
Our specialist wills and probate team can advise from the simple to the highly complex on the drafting of wills, creating of lifetime trusts and succession planning. We combine high quality advice with a friendly, personal service to safeguard your assets and ensure your wishes are met. We take the time to understand your priorities and use simple, straightforward language to explain this often complex area of law. We also offer NGSU members a free web-based facility to make their will online.
As an NGSU member you have access to discounted rates on our wills, trusts and probate services. Start writing your today. At the checkout, enter your discount code, available from the NGSU website. The discount will be applied to the final purchase price.
Road traffic defence. Our road traffic defence team are specialist driving offence lawyers with years of experience defending motoring offences. The expertise we use on a daily basis gives you the best possible chance of keeping your licence and staying on the road. We can assist with:
- Drink driving
- Traffic offences and appeals
- Driving endorsements and notice of intended prosecution
- Preventing the course of justice
- Failure to stop or report a road accident
- Dangerous and careless driving offences
- Driving without insurance and using a mobile phone
- Police interviews
Professional negligence. When you go to a professional for help the last thing you expect is negligence. However, professionals do make mistakes and our professional negligence lawyers specialise in resolving these mistakes through negotiation, arbitration or mediation. If the dispute turns to litigation we’ve the expertise and the resources to follow it all the way through. We’ve particular expertise in dealing with professional negligence cases such as:
- Solicitors who settled a personal injury claim for too little money
- Poor legal advice that doesn’t work for you
- Problems with buying or selling property, poor advice from an estate agent, surveyor or an architect
- Trusts and estates that have been wrongly managed
- Incorrectly drafted wills – in conjunction with our colleagues in our contentious probate department
- Professionals who miss deadlines
- Surveyors who do not advise you properly
- Barristers who make mistakes
As a member of NGSU you’ve access to discounted rates on professional negligence service.
Essentials. You have access to our suite of online self-serve legal documents so you can organise your affairs simply and effectively. Essential offers a section of ever growing self-serve products that can assist with a range of circumstances from writing your will through to challenging a parking ticket.
If you’d like help and assistance with a legal matter or to find out more about your NGSU membership benefits contact us on . If you’d like to discuss a personal injury claim, contact us on the dedicated NGSU personal injury advice and compensation advice line .