Compensation protection trust

With a compensation protection trust you can protect any compensation that you received from a successful personal injury claim. If you want to set up a trust or want more information on this topic, our expert solicitors are here to assist you with your questions about trusts.

Senior couple sitting on a sofa indoors with a pet dog

Inheritance and welfare

Slater and Gordon have expert wills, trusts, tax and probate solicitors ready to help you, contact us online today or call us on freephone 0800 780 2730 to speak to one of our friendly advisors.

Wills, trusts, tax and probate solicitors

Contact us

Compensation protection trust explained

Have you suffered a personal injury and received compensation? If so, a trust can protect your compensation without restricting your access to the fund.

A trust is important to retain your eligibility for means-tested benefits such as:

  • Residential care assessments
  • Income support
  • Income based job seekers allowance
  • Income related employment support allowance
  • Pension credit
  • Housing benefit
  • Council tax benefit

Why should I consider legal assistance when setting up a trust?

We strongly advise working with an expert solicitor when setting up a trust. They can help you with the following:

For assistance or further information, then please contact us.

If I die, what happens to the trust?

Any funds remaining in your trust will become part of your estate and will be shared according to your will or the intestacy law.  If you would like advice regarding making a will or altering your current will click here.

What if a trust and a will conflict?

Contradictory instructions will cause confusion. If you have a trust and a will, we advise you to have both documents checked by a solicitor to ensure they're not contradictory.

If you're a beneficiary or a executor and are faced with contradictory instructions, we advise you to consult a solicitor specialised in will and trusts.

Case studies

No living relatives in an estate administration

Mary Fielden of Manchester was a lively character who'll be sadly missed by her neighbours and carers.

Schooling disagreements

A mother contacted our team to help arrange which school her daughter was to attend after the father unreasonably challenged her position.

Taking children out of the country without consent

A father contacted our team after his daughter was taken to Egypt without his consent.