Will writing solicitors
Writing a will ensures your wishes regarding your money, your possessions, and your property are carried out in the event of your death. Our fixed prices start at just £42 for an online will and £119 for expert advice from one of our solicitors.
Will writing? Trust us.
We offer a variety of will writing services, ranging from straightforward fixed price wills to more complex wills which may involve various assets.
Simple online wills from only £42
Expert support to write your will from £119
Mirrored and other will options also available
Call us now on:0330 041 5869
Finding the right will for you
At Slater and Gordon we want to make the process as easy as possible, which is why we've done the research for you.
Have a look at the table to see what we offer in comparison to others.
Will writing solicitors
Will writing services we offer
Writing a will ensures your wishes regarding your money, your possessions, and your property are carried out after you die and that your family and loved ones are looked after in the way that you want. Here are some services we can help with.
Will writing services available
At Slater and Gordon, we offer a wide range of will writing services, ranging from bespoke wills needed to handle complex situations and where large estates are involved – to simpler online wills, designed for individuals or families with more straight-forward requirements.
- Slater and Gordon Premium – This is our bespoke will writing service. You can meet face to face with a STEP-qualified Partner, Associate, or Solicitor either at one of our offices or at your home (up to an hour and a half appointment). This package includes our full range of services such as advice on distribution of the estate, Inheritance Tax, and the appropriate use of Trusts. The cost of this service depends upon the time spent, with a typical hourly cost of £288 and the average price for completion of £1,440.
- Slater and Gordon Protection plus - A fixed fee service. You can discuss your needs with a solicitor either in one of our offices or over the phone for a half an hour appointment. This service includes advice on Inheritance Tax and Life Interest Trusts. This service costs £720 for a single will, or £1,080 for a mirror will.
- Slater and Gordon Protect – A fixed fee service including a telephone meeting arranged with a lawyer. A fixed price of £300 for a single will and £540 for a mirrored will.
- Slater and Gordon Personal – A fixed price of £119 for a single will, or £238 for mirror wills, including a telephone meeting arranged with a lawyer.
Depending on the size of your estate, the complexity of your personal situation we will be able to recommend the perfect package for your needs. Price reflects the seniority of the solicitor, associate, or partner involved in your will.
Please note: We offer discounts for union members.
When do I need to review my will?
We recommend you review your will when your personal situation changes e.g:
- You have more beneficiaries (e.g. step-children, foster children, newborn children)
- You get married, enter a civil partnership, or get divorced (NB: your will is automatically revoked by marriage or entering into a civil partnership)
- You sell or buy property or other valuable assets
How we can assist you with your will
A will is a legal document and any small error in the wording is open to interpretation which can cause problems and, at worst, render the will invalid. We can assist you by providing you with the legal advice you need and preparing your will. We have assembled a range of guides to give you a good understanding of your legal situation:
Prices quoted on this page include VAT.
Very pleased with the service I received from Slater and Gordon. All actions required were carried out in a sympathetic and efficient manner. Clarification of requirements were indicated in a clear and precise detail with good communication. Mr S, Lancashire (wills, trusts & probate case)
My lawyer was very helpful at all stages of the process. She explained things clearly and was very flexible and helpful in dealing with my challenging personal circumstances. I would highly recommend. Ms G, Lancashire (wills, trusts & probate case)
I am thrilled with how fast my Grant of Probate was dealt with and how lovely everyone was. I would highly recommend their services. Mrs E, Manchester (wills, trusts & probate case)