Industrial disease claims
Industrial disease compensation claims
If you've been diagnosed with an industrial disease, we have the expertise to seek rightful compensation on your behalf. Slater and Gordon's industrial disease solicitors are here to advise and support you and your family throughout the claims process and beyond.
No Win No Fee industrial disease claim
Talk to us about No Win No Fee agreements for industrial disease claimsContact us
What is an industrial disease?
The term 'industrial disease' describes more than simply diseases; it's a term for almost any illness or condition caused by your employment.
If your employer has failed in their duty of care to keep you safe from harm, it's usually possible to make a claim for industrial disease compensation, even when the company you worked for is no longer in business.
- Asbestos diseases: including a number of lung conditions caused by exposure to asbestos fibres, including mesothelioma, asbestos-related lung cancer, asbestosis and pleural thickening. .
- Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS): the collective term for conditions including: Vibration White Finger (VWF) and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS). .
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI): a condition caused by repeating the same movements over a long period, causing pain in the muscles, nerves and tendons. .
- Hearing loss and deafness: hearing loss and conditions such as tinnitus can be caused by exposure to loud noise in the workplace. .
- Skin conditions/occupational dermatitis: exposure to dangerous chemicals at work can lead to a number of skin conditions, including dermatitis. .
- Occupational asthma, respiratory and lung disease: exposure to dust or fumes containing irritants can cause silicosis, occupational asthma, lung cancer and asbestosis. .
- Occupational cancers: caused by carcinogenic chemicals and hazardous dusts, leading primarily to lung cancer, nasal cancer, skin cancer and bladder cancer. .
Speak to industrial disease compensation solicitor
Industrial disease claims are a specialised area of the law, so it makes sense to deal with solicitors who have extensive experience and a track record of success. Slater and Gordon employs specialist lawyers in every area of industrial disease compensation.
Just as importantly, we understand the need to take every industrial disease claim seriously and make sure our clients receive the compensation and medical treatment they deserve whilst dealing with every case with understanding and compassion.
Meet the industrial disease experts
Meet our specialist industrial disease team, many of which are considered 'Leaders in their field' with a significant amount of expertise.
Really helpful and always on the other side of the phone if needed. Quick and easy service. Ashley
Excellent communication, in constant contact with the latest info regarding your case. David
Everything is moving along quickly and smoothly. Good professional service I'm glad I chose Slater and Gordon. Kenny Jackson