Terms and Conditions of Website Use
Slater and Gordon Lawyers terms and conditions of website use
2. About Us
Slater & Gordon UK Limited is part of a group of companies whose ultimate parent company is Slater and Gordon UK Holdings Limited. We are registered as a limited company in England under company number 07931918, and VAT number 125 446 327.
Our registered office is at: 58 Mosley Street, Manchester, M2 3HZ
3. Use of the Site
Your use of our site is permitted subject to the following conditions:
- You agree that your use of our site shall be expressly limited to non-commercial personal use;
- We grant you permission for temporary use of the site, but we can withdraw our permission or change our service at any time without notice, and with no legal responsibility to you;
- By continuing to use our site, you agree to follow our Acceptable Use Policy set out at Clause 9 below;
- When you provide your contact details to us, you agree to be contacted by telephone, SMS, email or post by the Slater and Gordon Group of companies. By using the site, you agree to us handling this information and confirm that any data you provide is accurate; and
4. Intellectual Property Rights
- All intellectual property rights in the site (including but not limited to the copyright, trademarks and any rights in the designs or content of the site) are owned solely by us, and are protected by copyright.
- We grant permission for you to print one copy and download extracts of any page on the site for your personal reference only, but not for commercial use without a licence from us. You must not alter anything, or use any illustrations, video, audio or photographs separately from the text that goes with them.
- If you breach this clause, we reserve our rights to withdraw our consent for your use of our site, and you must destroy or return any copies you have made.
5. Our Liability and Disclaimers
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, we accept no liability to any user for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) our site or the use of or reliance upon any content included on our site;
- If you are a business user, we accept no liability for loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage;
- We also exclude, as far as legally possible, all terms and warranties or promises implied by law or by statute;
- Insofar as is permitted by law, we make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that our site will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure;
- We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the content on our site is complete, accurate, and up-to-date. We do not, however, make any representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the content is complete, accurate, or up-to-date; and
6. Computer Viruses
- Our site security has been enhanced to stand in line with industry best practice standard but it is important that you update your system with the latest anti-virus signatures and security patches, and that you use anti-spyware software and a personal firewall. However, we accept no liability for any loss or damage resulting from a virus or other malware, a distributed denial of service attack, or other harmful material or event that may adversely affect your hardware, software, data or other material that occurs as a result of your use of our site (including the downloading of any content from it) or any other site referred to on our site; and
- We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of our site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
7. Links to our site
- You may link to our site provided that: - you do so in a fair and legal manner; - you do not do so in a manner that suggests any form of association, endorsement or approval on our part where none exists; - you do not use any logos or trade-marks displayed on our site without our express written permission; - you do not do so in a way that is calculated to damage our reputation or to take unfair advantage of it; and - the content on the site providing the link meets with the standards in our Acceptable Use Policy in Clause 9.
- If you do not comply with the provisions set out in Clause 7.1 above, we can end this permission at any.
8. Links from our site
- Our site may contain links to other websites for information purposes, neither operated by or controlled by us. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of any third party websites or material accessed via this site;
- We do not endorse nor can be held responsible or liable for any content, product or services available via third party websites, and do not accept any responsibly for any loss suffered as a result of using those links.
9. Acceptable use policy
- You must not interfere with or damage any part of our site, equipment, server, network, software, database or other storage arrangements.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to our site if you materially breach the provisions of this Clause 9 or any of the other provisions of these terms. -- Specifically, we may take one or more of the following actions: suspend, whether temporarily or permanently, any account or profile and/or your right to access our site; - remove any content submitted by you that violates this Acceptable Use Policy; - issue you with a written warning; - take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any and all relevant costs on an indemnity basis resulting from your breach; - take further legal action against you as appropriate, including but not limited to reporting any criminal offences under the Computer Misuse Act 1990; - disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as required or as we deem reasonably necessary, including your identity; and/or - any other actions which we deem reasonably appropriate (and lawful).
- We hereby exclude any and all liability arising out of any actions (including, but not limited to those set out above) that we may take in response to breaches of these terms.
11. Applicable law
- All negotiations connected with the relevant dispute(s) will be conducted without prejudice to the rights of the parties in any further proceedings.