Richard Gaffney Principal Lawyer, Personal Injury - Serious Injuries
Richard is a Serious Injury Lawyer at Slater and Gordon in Cambridge.
He specialises in fatal, catastrophic and serious road traffic accident claims. He has extensive experience in claims involving traumatic brain injury, amputations and multiple orthopaedic injuries. Given his past career and current associations, Richard has particular knowledge in dealing with members of the armed forces, police and cycling fraternity.
Richard provides a link between Cycling UK and Slater and Gordon Lawyers who both have a mutual interest in lobbying for the interests of cyclists and cycling accident victims.
He spent 10 years in the armed forces before becoming a lawyer so has particular understanding of the complexities when dealing with military accident claims.
During his career he has developed several niche legal service areas including claims involving complicated chronic pain issues.
- Brain injuries
- Catastrophic and serious injuries
- Fatal accidents
- Road traffic accidents
- Cycling claims
- Military accident and police claims
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Legal 500: Richard is "a charmer and a fighter."
- Chambers and Partners 2016: Richard is "efficient and methodical, with a real understanding of the case."
- Chambers and Partners 2017: He "doesn't get flustered, even when litigation becomes difficult."
- Chambers and Partners 2018: "He strikes the perfect balance of professionalism, warmth and care."
- Leading Individual and Recommended Lawyer in The Legal 500, 2017.
- Since 2013 Slater and Gordon
- Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Member of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel
Recent Testimonials for Richard Gaffney
“We would like to thank you for your expertise, guidance and personal care. We shall not miss the stress involved in reaching this settlement but we will miss the regular friendly interactions! We are very grateful to you.”
M Family, Cambridge