Road traffic accident claims

Public transport accident compensation claims

Accidents on public transport occur far more often than you would think. If you were injured while travelling on trains, busses, taxis or any other form of public transport, Slater and Gordon can help you claim the compensation you deserve.

Young woman wearing sunglasses sat on a bus

No Win No Fee road traffic accident experts

Slater and Gordon is one of the UK's leading law firms in road traffic accident claims. We'll provide you with the best possible legal representation and help you get the compensation you deserve. Talk to us now on freephone 0330 107 6518 or contact us online to speak to one of our specialists today.

Speak to a member of our personal injury team today

Contact us

We can help if you were injured on public transport

Injuries on public transport might seem to be rare, however they happen quite frequently.

Not only can collisions occur, but public transport such as trains and trams may also have, mechanised doors, luggage racks above head height from which items could fall and various other scenarios that could cause injuries, some of which could be life changing.

We find many people assume there's no one to blame, and simply get up and get on with their life, even if they've had to go to hospital.

Our public transport accident solicitors can help advise you to whether or not you may have a claim.

Start your claim today - register your details on micase

What are the most common injuries on public transport?

Injuries on public transport vary massively, there is a wide variety of accidents and equipment that could potentially cause injury, below are the most common scenarios our clients have had to deal with:

No matter how you were hurt, if it was not your fault you may be entitled to compensation.

If I work on public transport and had an accident, can I still claim?

If you work for a transport company and you were injured at work, legally your employer has to have employers liability insurance to cover them against any compensation claims. Therefore you may still be able to make a claim.

How do I make a public transport accident compensation claim?

If you've been injured as a passenger on public transport, it's important to choose a solicitor who has expertise in public transport claims as soon as possible because there are time limits on making claims.

You can register your claim on the micase platform and our experts will provide you with expert legal advice and representation to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.

Register your details today on micase

How much will my public transport accident claim be worth?

There's no hard and fast rule for how much compensation you might receive for an injury received on or by public transport. This all depends on the extent of your injuries and how long it is expected that a full recovery will take.

However, in addition to compensation for pain and suffering, you may also be able to claim for any loss of earnings as well as for the cost of any medical treatment or rehabilitation that may be required.

Discover more information on what you can claim for.

How long do I have to make a public transport accident claim?

The law generally allows a time limit of three years from the date of an accident in which to register your claim through the courts, though longer may be allowed if you are claiming on behalf of a child or someone with mental impairment. If your public transport accident happened abroad, different time limits apply. In order to prepare a case to register your claim through the courts, it's extremely important that you speak to a specialist solicitor as soon as possible or you may lose your chance to make a claim.

If you've been injured in a public transport accident, don't delay. Start your claim today by registering your details on micase.

Speak to a public transport accident solicitor

Slater and Gordon will provide a sympathetic, professional and honest approach to people who come to us with public transport accident injuries.

If you've been injured in a road traffic accident while travelling on public transport, register your details on micase today and we'll be happy to help.

Meet the personal injury experts

Meet our specialist personal injury team, many of which are considered 'Leaders in their field' with a significant amount of expertise.

Search our website
Sorry, we have no results to show
Please try a different search term.
Oops, something went wrong
Please try typing in your search again.
Back to top