Serious injuries

Burn, scar and laceration compensation solicitor

If you've suffered burns, scars or lacerations, the consequences can have a serious impact on your life. That's why you need immediate support from a specialist solicitor as well as medical specialists.

Side view young woman looking away at window sitting on couch at home. Frustrated confused female feels unhappy problem in personal life quarrel break up with boyfriend or unexpected pregnancy concept

Serious injury compensation specialists

Slater and Gordon is one of the UK's leading serious injury specialists, with an unmatched track record of success. Contact our experts for no obligation advice on freephone 0330 041 5869 or tell us about your injury and we'll call you.

Find out more about No Win No Fee serious injury claims

Contact us

Can I get compensation for burns, scars or lacerations?

While early medical intervention is crucial if you have suffered burns, scarring or a serious laceration, immediate legal help is also essential. That's because all of these injuries have the potential to affect your life and finances, because of the recovery time and rehabilitation they can require. So where someone else is to blame for serious injuries like these, you owe it to yourself - or your loved one, if you're acting on their behalf - to talk to specialist compensation solicitors as early as possible.

Our solicitors can help with injury claims resulting in burns scars and lacerations that have occurred in many different scenarios, but the most common tend to be:

How much can I claim for a burn, laceration or scarring?

The amount of burn, laceration and scarring compensation that you might be able to claim depends on a number of factors. These include the seriousness of the injury, the prognosis for recovery and the amount of rehabilitation or other long-term care you might need. However, where liability is accepted by the party at fault, our specialist injury claim solicitors will usually seek interim payments to help pay for urgent medical treatment and loss of earnings at the earliest possible stage.

How will I pay for long-term care?

If you or a loved one has received a serious burns injury or laceration, it's natural that in addition to worrying about your recovery, you'll be concerned about how to pay for long-term care, should it be required.

That's why expenses such as the cost of nursing care, medical costs and aftercare over the injured person's lifetime are generally part of the calculation when a compensation settlement is being considered. Expenses such as those for rehabilitation and even modifications to accommodation can also be included in your claim.

How are burn injuries categorised?

When someone suffers a burn injury, the level of severity is categorised as first degree, second degree or third degree. These mean:

  • First degree burns: damage to the outer layer of skin only, with severe pain at first but a good chance that scarring won't occur
  • Second degree burns: damage to two layers of skin leading to blistering. If the burn is to more than 10% of the body, patients may go into shock due to fluid loss
  • Third degree burns: destruction of all three layers of skin, causing serious trauma and often permanent scarring

Naturally, the degree and extent of a burn will greatly affect the prognosis for recovery, which will also impact on the amount of rehabilitation you may need and the compensation you might receive.

Speak to an expert solicitor

Once you have taken the first step to contact us about making a burns, lacerations or scars claim, we will then arrange a medical consultation to assess the extent of you injury which will be done at no cost to you.

Contact us on 0330 041 5869 or online here to begin a compensation claim.

Can I change my solicitors to Slater and Gordon?

If you or a family member have been involved in an incident which has resulted in serious burns, and you feel that you're not getting the specialist legal advice you need from your current solicitor, we'll be happy to discuss switching your case to Slater and Gordon. Simply call our experts on 0330 041 5869 or contact us online.

Search our website
Sorry, we have no results to show
Please try a different search term.
Oops, something went wrong
Please try typing in your search again.
Back to top