As part of your union membership you are entitled to free legal advice and where appropriate, legal representation in matters relating to personal injury. We have a long history representing unions and their members and have unique insight and experience of the issues you face.
We represent thousands of union members every year and have developed a bespoke service where both you and your family can claim and your legal bills are covered through your union membership.
If you have been injured as a result of an accident or been effected by a work related illness, you could be eligible for compensation.
Our personal injury services are all provided by specialist teams and include:
- Accidents at work
- Disease claims – e.g. deafness, dermatitis or repetitive strain injury
- Stress claims – including harassment and sexual assaults
- Criminal injury claims – if you have been the victim of a violent crime at work
- Catastrophic injury – compensation and support of life altering injuries
- Clinical negligence – including substandard treatment or misdiagnosis
- Road traffic accident as a passenger or driver
- Accidents in a public place
All union members retain 100% of the damages recovered on their behalf. If you were to be represented by another firm, without the benefit of your union membership, the deduction from the damages upon successful conclusion would be up to 25% of the damages recovered. This means if your damages awarded were £4,000 then you would only receive the net sum of £3,000, so you would lose up to £1,000.
Through your union membership you would receive the full £4,000, 100% of the damages you are entitled to.