Slater and Gordon Lawyers have been representing Cycling UK members since 2002. For legal advice or immediate representation for a road traffic collision call us on 0844 736 8452 or start your claim online.
If you’ve been involved in an incident with another vehicle on the road there are several steps which you should follow to increase your chance of making a successful claim.
- Never admit that it was your fault
- Note the driver’s name, address, vehicle registration number and insurance details
- Take names, telephone numbers and addresses of at least two witnesses if possible
- Report the incident to the Police
- If injured ensure that you seek medical advice from a hospital or your GP
- Photograph the accident scene and visible injuries
- Keep any damaged clothing and bike parts and try to obtain a written assessment of the damaged items
- If you incur any expenses as a direct result of the incident, make sure you keep a full record of these along with receipts where appropriate.
If you’re a Cycling UK member and you cause a collision and a claim is being made against you, please call the Cycling UK Incident Line.
Call the Cycling UK Incident Line on 0844 736 8452
Call 24 hours 365 days a year or start your claim online.
It’s important that you give us as much information as possible at this initial stage, that way we can make a speedy but accurate assessment of how best to proceed.