Back to Legal Case Studies

Cleaning Detergent Left in Cup Burns Man’s Mouth

05 December 2010

A man was travelling along the M5 motorway when he decided to have a break and drink a cup of tea from the service station.  As he drunk the tea he immediately was aware of a stinging sensation in his mouth.  It turned out that the mug had previously been used to store a strong cleaning detergent, resulting in the chemical burns to our client’s mouth. Full liability was admitted and with help from our expert accident in public places solicitors our client was awarded £3,000 in compensation.