Our client was a waiter at a wedding which was being held in a marquee which had a preparation area. The waiter was stood next to a table which had a large boiling water urn on. The table which had been provided was weak and because of this health and safety error did not hold the weight of the urn, meaning that it fell off scalding our client’s foot. Because the table was deemed to be unsuitable work equipment, the defendants admitted liability. The man was left with significant scarring following the accident, and with help from our expert health and safety solicitors was awarded over £7,000 for the injuries suffered.