Yvonne Agnew Head of Clinical Negligence, Cardiff
Yvonne is Head of Clinical Negligence in our Cardiff office.
She has over 25 years' experience dealing with complex and high value clinical negligence cases. She has extensive experience in all types of clinical negligence cases, particularly in relation to high value and complex birth injury, brain and spinal/vascular injury claims.
Yvonne is frequently mentioned in legal directories and praised for her ability to achieve high awards of damages in maximum severity cases. Yvonne's expertise was recognised when she was asked to form part of the working party appointed by the Welsh Assembly Government to advise on the implementation of the Redress Act in Wales.
- Legal 500 2016: Yvonne received praise for her "hardworking and sensible approach".
- Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500, 2017
- Chambers and Partners 2018 Band 2: "meticulous and very thorough in preparation."
- Chambers and Partners 2019 Band 2
- Legal 500: Leading Individual, 2020
- Chambers and Partners 2020 Band 2: Yvonne Agnew receives acclaim from market commentators for being "really thorough, hard-working and pragmatic." Sources add that she is "good at settling cases and she goes the extra mile for clients." Agnew has a wide-ranging practice, and she often deals with amputation cases, brain injuries and complex cerebral palsy claims.
- Since 2015: Slater and Gordon Lawyers
- 1999-2015: Partner in the CN Department Leo Abse and Cohen
- 1986-1999: CN Morgan's Solicitors
- Studied at the University of Law, Chester (LPC)
- Studied at Aberystwyth University
- Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Member of AvMA
- Accredited member of Law Society CN specialist panel