13 June 2012
Family to launch industrial disease claim?
An industrial disease claim may be launched by the family of a pensioner who died last month due to an asbestos-related disease.
Francis O'Neill passed away at the age of 82 on May 20th some seven months after doctors diagnosed him with malignant mesothelioma, according to the Bournemouth Echo.
The inquest into the elderly man's death established that he had first been exposed to asbestos more than 50 years ago while working for the Dunlop Rubber Company in both Birmingham and India.
District coroner Sheriff Payne told the hearing in Bournemouth that Mr O'Neill had spent a minimum of 18 years working in close proximity to the deadly material.
It also emerged that prior to his passing, Mr O'Neill told a solicitor it had been impossible to avoid inhaling asbestos particles.
"I recall the floor was white with dust. I was never warned about the dangers of asbestos or given any protection," he said.
Contact our accident and injury solicitors on 0800 916 9046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like advice on any personal injury matter
Posted by Francesca Witney
Related Industry NewsRSS feed
Thursday 08th May 2014
Tuesday 15th April 2014