22 December 2011
Damages being sought after fatal electrocution
Compensation is being sought by a family who claim a loved one passed away due to the professional negligence of workmen at her home.
Emma Shaw died at the age of 22 when she was electrocuted while mopping up water from the kitchen floor at her flat in West Bromwich in December 2007.
The inquest into her death has revealed this was because a plasterboard had been driven into live wires during maintenance work conducted earlier.
Despite this fault, the wiring was given the all-clear by the friend of an unqualified electrician - leading Ms Shaw to believe it was safe.
However, the error resulted in the electrics sparking when the boiler leaked, causing the young woman to sustain fatal injuries.
Coroner Robert Balmain commented: "The dangers of that ought to be obvious to anybody."
He went on to advise Ms Shaw's boyfriend Andy Cross to contact the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting, an independent regulatory body with more than 25,000 registered contractors.
Contact our accident and injury solicitors on 0800 916 9046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like advice on any personal injury matter
Posted by Trusha Vyas
Related Industry NewsRSS feed
Thursday 08th May 2014
Tuesday 15th April 2014