A woman who claimed her husband suffered from a work-related illness is seeking compensation.
In January this year, David Kitchin lost his battle with mesothelioma, which his widow said he developed as a result of his employment at Farleigh School near Andover, This Is Hampshire.net reports.
She alleged that management at the institution negligently exposed him to asbestos without warning him of the risks he ran.
Mr Kitchin worked at the school between 1966 and 1969, and again between 1974 and 1986.
It is suggested that he came into contact with asbestos in the main route into the building.
He also visited the boiler house, which contained asbestos-lagged pipes, a high court writ states.
Mr Kitchin discovered he was suffering from the disease after developing pain in his abdomen in January last year.
As well as mesothelioma, exposure to asbestos can lead to pleural plaques and asbestosis, among other conditions.