EE has recalled one model of its Power Bars due to some of them overheating and bursting into flames.
Katy Emslie, from Aberdeen, suffered severe burns on her hands after her Power Bar exploded and set fire to her bedroom floor. She had been using the charger overnight as normal but was woken at 1am to a noise that sounded like a firework going off, accompanied by black smoke.
The explosion ignited her carpet under her bed, and shot the power bar over her head, missing her by a matter of inches. She tried to put the flames out, and whilst doing so suffered serious burns on her hands.
EE has issued an urgent recall for Power Bars with the model number E1-06. It will be written on the Power Bar as Model:E1-06. This model must not be used and returned to any EE store. EE have said that they will replace the Power Bar with a later model that has had no issues.
Manufacturers have a duty of care to recall any faulty product, no matter how minor the risk. Faulty products cause hundreds of injuries every year, some resulting in life-changing conditions.
The Sales of Goods Act 1979 says that we have the right to buy products that are safe and fit for purpose. If this isn’t the case, we have the right to return the goods for a repair, replacement, or refund.
If anyone suffers an injury due to a faulty product then they are allowed to pursue the manufacturer and seller for compensation.
There is a time limit of three years for any injuries caused by faulty products and it’s important to get advice from a specialist lawyer. Slater and Gordon Lawyers have experts in faulty product claims and can act on your behalf on a No Win No Fee agreement.
If you would like help or advice about an injury you are a member of your family has suffered due to a faulty product call Slater and Gordon on freephone 0800 916 9046 or contact us online.