Online DIY wills
Are you thinking about writing your will yourself? Read on to find out why this might not be such a good idea. Our expert solicitors are here to assist you if you have any further questions.
Call us now for will writing support
Talk to an expert todayContact us
Thank you for your interest in Slater and Gordon’s will writing services. Our team are currently at full capacity, though if you’d still like to pass on your details, please contact and we’ll contact you next month to discuss which of our services is suited to your needs. For more information on what you should consider including in your will, visit our
Why should I consider legal assistance when writing a will?
A will should be written carefully and can very quickly become complex. The wording of a will has to be very clear and as soon as it is slightly incoherent, the will can become invalid. We strongly advise working with an expert solicitor when writing a will. They can help you with the following:
- Consider your assets abroad, e.g. property or bank accounts;
- They can provide you with inheritance tax advice
- Simplifying the probate process;
- Making sure that beneficiaries who are dependent on you are considered;
- They can provide you with the advice you need to consider your options as to whether a trust is appropriate;
- Making sure children, stepchildren or foster children are treated equally;
- Making sure your will is coherent and valid; and
- Making sure your will is executed correctly.
If we can assist you with your questions, feel free to contact us.
Very pleased with the service I received from Slater and Gordon. All actions required were carried out in a sympathetic and efficient manner. Clarification of requirements were indicated in a clear and precise detail with good communication. Mr S, Lancashire (wills, trusts & probate case)
My lawyer was very helpful at all stages of the process. She explained things clearly and was very flexible and helpful in dealing with my challenging personal circumstances. I would highly recommend. Ms G, Lancashire (wills, trusts & probate case)
I am thrilled with how fast my Grant of Probate was dealt with and how lovely everyone was. I would highly recommend their services. Mrs E, Manchester (wills, trusts & probate case)