To obtain a dissolution you will need to prove to the Court that your civil partnership has irretrievably broken down.

The Court will accept one or more of the following facts as proof:

  • That your partner has behaved in such a way that you cannot reasonably be expected to continue living with them
  • That your partner has deserted you for at least two years
  • That you and your partner have lived separately and apart for two years and he or she consents to a divorce
  • That you and your partner have lived apart for a continuous period of at least five years.

This legal advice guide will provide you with a step by step guide to the stages of a dissolution.

Petitioner's Guide to Dissolution Legal Advice Guide