Road traffic accident claims

Car accident claim solicitor

Even minor car accidents can leave you with long-term injuries. Insurers may try to make you an early offer, but it's important to take impartial legal advice before you accept. We handle the majority of our car accident compensation claims on a No Win No Fee basis.

Happy teenagers driving into the sunset

No Win No Fee road traffic accident experts

Slater and Gordon is one of the UK's leading law firms in road traffic accident claims. We'll provide you with the best possible legal representation and help you get the compensation you deserve. Start your new claim today - register your details on micase.

Register your No Win No Fee claim today

Register your claim

How long do I have to claim compensation for car accident?

Generally speaking, you need to submit your claim to the court within three years of a car accident. However, time limits vary in different circumstances, for example, you may be allowed longer if you're claiming on behalf of a child or someone with diminished mental capacity or you may have less time if your accident happened in another country or your claiming through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.

It's important therefore to seek legal advice as soon as possible following a car accident.

Can I claim if a car accident was partly my fault?

Many car accidents are caused by a combination of errors.

Even if you believe you were at fault as a driver, that may not be the case in purely legal terms. So it's always worth talking to us about No Win No Fee compensation, even if you may have been partially at fault.

How long does a car accident compensation claim take?

This all depends on how serious your injuries are - ranging from whiplash injuries to permanent disability. It also depends on whether the insurer of the driver at fault for the accident accepts that their insured driver was at fault.

However, where a claim for compensation is likely to be straightforward, such as if you've suffered whiplash injuries, your claim will be dealt with through our innovative self-serve platform, micase, and our experts will get you the compensation you need as quickly as possible.

Register your details on micase to start your claim today.

How much car accident compensation can I claim?

Again, this depends on the severity of any injuries. It's also important to know you can claim for a number of losses caused by a car accident, including general damages, additional travel expenses and loss of earnings.

You may also be able to claim for the cost of any physiotherapy or other essential rehabilitation.

If your claim is for whiplash injuries which are valued at less than £5,000, there are tariffs set which determine how much compensation you can receive depends on how severe the whiplash injuries are and whether or not you also have any minor psychological injuries as a result. The tariffs range from £240 to £4,215.

Contact our car accident solicitors

Slater and Gordon will provide a sympathetic, professional and honest approach to people who come to us with car accident injuries.

If you've been injured in a car accident register your details on micase today and we'll be happy to help.

What if I wasn't the driver? Watch Jack's story

Jack was left paralyzed from the chest down after he was involved in a hit and run collision. Slater and Gordon lawyers not only helped him recover compensation but also helped to get his life back on track.

Search our website
Sorry, we have no results to show
Please try a different search term.
Oops, something went wrong
Please try typing in your search again.
Back to top