Accidents abroad

USA travel compensation claims

Travelling to the USA can be an amazing experience. But if you're injured while you're there, life can become difficult and expensive. Slater and Gordon is a specialist law firm with extensive experience of helping clients claim compensation when they've been injured in the USA.

Mother and son spending time together outside

No Win No Fee compensation

Slater and Gordon is one of the UK's leading consumer law firms, with extensive experience of making claims for injuries that were caused in the USA. Call Slater and Gordon on freephone 0330 041 5869 or if you're calling from overseas, on +44 20 7657 1555, or contact us online to speak to one of our legal experts today.

Find out more about No Win No Fee travel injury claims

Contact us

Can I claim for injuries in the USA from the UK?

While the USA is a wonderful country, we have acted for a great many clients who have been injured while on business or holiday there. So we have the experience and the contacts to pursue compensation claims in the United States, for all of these eventualities and more:

  • Road traffic accidents: where another driver's negligence or a poor road surface was to blame
  • Holiday accidents: including poolside slips, hotel trips and even theme park ride failures caused by poor maintenance
  • Accidents at work: if you work in the US, your employer has a duty of care to protect you from injury
  • Skiing and other sports injuries: where the venue or another user's negligence has caused an injury
  • Assaults and terrorism: where you have been assaulted or caught up in a terrorist incident
  • Legionnaires' disease: or indeed any other illness that has been caused by negligence

However, the USA is a big country, and there are many more circumstances than we've listed here that could cause injury whilst in the USA. So talk to us about starting a No Win No Fee compensation claim for any injury that you or a family member has suffered while travelling in the USA.

How long have I got to make a claim?

While UK law allows you up to three years in which to start a compensation claim for an injury that arose from negligence or a deliberate act, the time limits vary greatly from State to State in the USA.

So if you've been injured in the USA and wish to make a No Win No Fee compensation claim from the UK, it's advisable to begin your claim as soon as possible.

Start your USA claim today

How much will my USA claim be worth?

It's very difficult to estimate how much compensation you're likely to receive for your injury until we know the circumstances. The amount of compensation you are likely to receive depends on the extent of your injuries as well as the applicable laws in whichever US State the incident occurred.

However, in addition to damages for pain and suffering, you may also be able to claim for any loss of earnings as well as for the cost of any medical treatment or rehabilitation that may be required.

How long does a USA compensation claim take?

That all depends on how serious your injuries are as well as whether a negligent party in the US accepts they were to blame.

However, we always aim to pursue justice for our clients as efficiently as possible, and will also seek to claim interim payments where your injury might cause you financial hardship, or where you need to begin rehabilitation as soon as possible.

Speak to a USA travel accident solicitor

Slater and Gordon will provide a sympathetic, professional and honest approach to people who come to us with injuries from a holiday in the USA.

When you've suffered a USA travel accident, you need experts you can talk to and trust. Contact our solicitors about making a USA accident compensation claim on 0330 107 5043 or online here.

Meet the travel law experts

Meet our specialist travel law team, who have a vast amount of expertise of dealing with jurisdiction issues when someone has been injured abroad.

Search our website
Sorry, we have no results to show
Please try a different search term.
Oops, something went wrong
Please try typing in your search again.
Back to top