Accidents abroad

Hotel, resort and excursion compensation claim solicitors

You go on holiday to have a good time, but sometimes injuries spoil the fun. Slater and Gordon is a specialist law firm with extensive experience of compensation claims for incidents in hotels, resorts and on excursions in the UK and abroad.

Mother and son spending time together outside

No Win No Fee compensation

Slater and Gordon is one of Britain's foremost injury compensation firms, with a record of success in claims for injuries that occurred in hotels, resorts and on excursions. Call Slater and Gordon on freephone 0330 041 5869 or if you're calling from overseas, on +44 20 7657 1555, or contact us online to speak to a legal expert today.

Find out more about No Win No Fee travel injury claims

Contact us

Can I claim for an accident in a hotel?

Whether you've been staying at a hotel or in a resort, it's easy for injuries to arise due to someone else's negligence. From slippery pool-sides to badly-lit footpaths, there are many reasons why you could come to harm on holiday: including while you're out on an excursion. In fact, we have made successful claims for injuries resulting from circumstances such as:

  • Slips and trips: due to wet floors, uneven surfaces, and worn carpeting within hotels
  • Swimming pool accidents: including slipping over at the poolside and drowning
  • Falls from balconies: resulting in serious injury or even death
  • Defective equipment injuries: due to hotel furniture or apparatus such as broken sun loungers

However, there are almost as many causes of injuries as there are places to go on holiday. So no matter how you've been harmed on an excursion or holiday, ask us about making a No Win No Fee claim today.

Who is liable if I'm injured in a hotel on holiday?

This very much depends on how you booked your holiday. If you prefer to book your own flights and accommodation separately, and were injured at your hotel, then any compensation claim would have to made against the hotel, under the laws of the country you were visiting.

However, if you booked a package holiday from the UK, you may be able to make a claim against the tour operator or travel agent holiday under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018.

If you aren't sure whether or not you were actually on a package holiday, feel free to talk to one of our hotel accident claim solicitors today.

How long have I got to make a hotel accident claim?

If you booked a package holiday in the UK, you should have up to three years to begin your claim. However, if you booked your holiday directly with a hotel or resort abroad, time limits vary and you may only have a few months in which to act.

So if you have been injured at a hotel, resort or on an excursion abroad and wish to make a No Win No Fee compensation claim from the UK, you should begin your claim as soon as possible.

How much will my hotel accident claim be worth?

The amount of compensation you may receive can differ depending on the extent of your injuries as well as the laws governing compensation claims in the relevant country.

However, in addition to damages for pain and suffering, you may also be able to claim for any loss of earnings as well as for the cost of any medical treatment or rehabilitation that may be required.

Speak to a hotel accident solicitor

Slater and Gordon will provide a sympathetic, professional and honest approach to people who come to us with injuries from a hotel.

When you've suffered an accident, you need experts you can talk to and trust. Contact our solicitors about making a hotel accident compensation claim on 0330 041 5869 or online here.

Meet the travel law experts

Meet our specialist travel law team, who have a vast amount of expertise of dealing with jurisdiction issues when someone has been injured abroad.

Search our website
Sorry, we have no results to show
Please try a different search term.
Oops, something went wrong
Please try typing in your search again.
Back to top