Scott Ingram Senior Principal Lawyer, Criminal Defence
Scott is a Criminal Defence Lawyer at Slater and Gordon in London.
He has been involved in a number of high-profile criminal defence cases in his career and is an acknowledged expert in police shooting cases.
As such he represented the police firearms officers involved in the Stockwell shooting – also known as the Jean Charles de Menezes case - and the Mark Duggan shooting case.
Scott is an expert in police disciplinary proceedings and coroners’ inquests and has been involved in Judicial Review proceedings on the controversial issues of police conferring (the Mark Saunders case) and anonymity (the Derek Bennett case).
- Criminal law
- Police shooting cases
- Death following police contact (restraint deaths)
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Chambers and Partners: “He has built an outstanding reputation for handling police shooting cases and is held in high regard for the depth of his expertise.”
- Legal 500
- Chambers and Partners 2016: Scott "has been highly trusted and respected for a long time."
- Chambers and Partners 2017 Band 1: Clients laud Scott Ingram as "an excellent professional who is experienced and well versed" in police law. He is praised for his "unparalleled experience and excellent judgement."
- Chambers and Partners 2018 Band 1 (Police Law): Scott is "hard-working, good to deal with and has impeccable judgement."
- Chambers and Partners 2019 Band 1: "Scott is a calm and trusted advisor who is very much at the top of his field."
- Chambers and Partners 2020 Band 1: Scott Ingram enjoys a robust reputation for his broad police law practice which includes handling matters relating to death in custody and police shootings. Market commentators highlight that he is ''a real expert in police misconduct cases.''
- Since 1989 Slater and Gordon
- Member of the London Criminal Courts Solicitors Association
- Member of the Criminal Law Solicitors Association
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Member of the Serious Fraud Panel
- Recognised as a specialist fraud lawyer by the Legal Services Commission.