Paul Tapner Senior Principal Lawyer, Personal Injury - Serious Injuries
Paul is a Personal Injury Solicitor at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in Cambridge and Manchester.
He specialises in serious injury claims and is part of highly-qualified teams who fight complex and difficult cases.
Both the Spinal Injuries Association and Headway, the brain injury association, accredit his teams as specialist solicitors.
He is a member of The Law Society’s specialist accreditation panel for personal injury work.
He routinely wins large sums in compensation for claimants – many in excess of one million pounds.
- Complex chronic pain
- Head and brain injury
- Spinal injury
- Fatal accidents
- Chambers and Partners 2019, Band 1: "He was very good at being able to converse with someone who is severely injured, making sure everyone was involved and knew what was going on."
- Leading Individual and Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500, 2017.
- Chambers and Partners 2018 Band 1: Paul is highly regarded for his skill in brain and spinal injury claims. Sources observe: "He has a sound, practical approach to cases," describing him as "extremely helpful and knowledgeable in his field."
- Chambers and Partners 2017 Band 1: He has been praised for his ability to "take a sensible overview of a case," describing him as "a good tactician" who has a "very good bedside manner."
- Legal 500, 2016: Paul is an "excellent tactician and very experienced in adult TBI cases."
- Chambers and Partners 2020: Paul Tapner is "focused on the actual needs of the client" and will "get the information you need," according to interviewees. He is highly experienced in catastrophic injury cases and specialises in work relating to brain and spinal injuries.
- Legal 500: Leading Individual - Hall of Fame, 2020
- Since 2013 Slater and Gordon
- 1985 – 2013 Taylor Vinters Solicitors
- Cambridge University
- Member of the Law Society
- Specialist in the Personal Injury Accreditation Scheme
- Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Member of the Eastern Region Brain Injury Forum
- Brain Injury Group panel member
Recent Testimonials for Paul Tapner
“I would like to take the time to say thank you to you and the whole team for the huge amount of time and work that was put in over the very long case. This, in turn, is helping with self confidence in huge amounts. Thank you again to all of the Slater and Gordon team who fought so hard for me; so helpful, friendly, patient and just absolutely brilliant along the way.”
Ms C, Cambridge.