Matthew Tomlinson Head of Sheffield, Personal Injury
Matthew is a Senior Personal Injury Solicitor at Slater and Gordon Lawyers and is Head of the Sheffield office which comprises of over 40 fee earners and 70 staff.
He oversees the Employers' Liability, Road Traffic, Occupiers Liability and Public Liability Teams.
Matthew's own practice specialises in work accident compensation claims and he acts solely for injured claimants.
His expertise has helped claimants secure substantial compensation payments for a range of devastating workplace accidents, many of which have resulted in serious life changing injuries.
Matthew also manages relationships with various Trade Unions and Organisations and Member Services. He has spoken at health and safety conferences and provides bespoke lectures for the firm’s institutional clients and health and safety representatives on issues involving safety within the workplace.
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Chambers and Partners 2016: Matthew has a"good manner, makes informed decisions, displays good judgement and clients like him."
- Chambers and Partners 2017 Band 1: Matthew is "incredibly down-to-earth and very straightforward" and is "one of the best lawyers to work with."
- Chambers and Partners 2018 Band 1: Matthew is "a strong but also pragmatic and realistic lawyer."
- Recommended Lawyer in The Legal 500, 2017
- Since 1998 Slater and Gordon
- Huddersfield University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Member of the Pan-European Organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers (PEOPIL).
- Winner of the Young Achiever of the Year award 2010 at the Personal Injury Awards
Recent Testimonials for Matthew Tomlinson
“Mr Tomlinson has done an excellent job.”
“I was very impressed with the way my solicitor conducted my claim and the outcome. He kept me well informed about the developments of my claim, much appreciation to Matthew Tomlinson and colleagues.”
“Fantastic service, thanks again.”