Matthew Tomlinson Principal Lawyer, Personal Injury
Matthew is principal lawyer in the personal injury team at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in Manchester.
He specialises in work accident compensation claims and acts solely for injured claimants. Matthew has specialised in personal injury for many years, with specific expertise in accidents at work, road traffic collisions and occupiers’ liability/public liability.
He also delivers an annual programme of in-house training to lawyers on procedure, liability and assessment of quantum. His expertise has helped claimants secure substantial compensation payments and rehabilitation for a range of devastating accidents, many resulting in fatal or serious life changing injuries including amputations and chronic pain.
Matthew regularly speaks at health and safety conferences and provides bespoke lectures on issues involving safety within the workplace. He also manages relationships with a number of the Organisation and Member Services who work with Slater and Gordon.
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Chambers and Partners 2016: Matthew has a"good manner, makes informed decisions, displays good judgement and clients like him."
- Chambers and Partners 2017 Band 1: Matthew is "incredibly down-to-earth and very straightforward" and is "one of the best lawyers to work with."
- Chambers and Partners 2018 Band 1: Matthew is "a strong but also pragmatic and realistic lawyer."
- Recommended Lawyer in The Legal 500, 2017
- Since 1998: Russell Jones and Walker (now Slater and Gordon)
- Huddersfield University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Member of the Pan-European Organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers (PEOPIL).
- Winner of the Young Achiever of the Year award 2010 at the Personal Injury Awards