Maria Repanos Principal Lawyer, Medical Negligence
Maria is a principal lawyer within the medical negligence team at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in Manchester. She manages a large team of lawyers and represents clients across the UK.
Maria is a very experienced medical negligence solicitor with over 14 years of experience. She initially trained in Defendant medical negligence, and has specialised in Claimant medical negligence since 2007.
Maria manages a wide variety of cases of which many involve catastrophic injuries. She has also represented clients in professional negligence claims connected to medical negligence claims dealing with birth injuries and wrongful birth.
- Birth Injury
- Spinal Injury
- Wrongful birth
- Fatal claims and Inquests (including Suicide)
- Delayed diagnosis and treatment of cancer
- GP negligence
- Anaesthetic awareness
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Bariatric surgery
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Currently ranked in the Legal 500 and has been detailed as “bright, hardworking and effective.”
- Ranked in the Chambers Legal Directory 2015 for Claimant Clinical Negligence in the North West.
- Ranked in the Chambers Legal Directory 2014 as a “key individual”. She was described as “hard working and thorough” and they noted her “broad experience and sound judgement of cases”.
- Since 2019 - Slater and Gordon Lawyers
- 2017 to 2019 - Fletchers Solicitors
- 2014 to 2015 - Express Solicitors
- 2007 to 2014 - Irwin Mitchell LLP
- 2006 - Hempsons
- 2004 to 2006 - George Davies Solicitors (now merged with Mills and Reeve) and Welsh Health Legal Services
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice - Legal Practice Course
- University of Cardiff - LLM Legal Aspects of Medical Practice
- University of Helsinki - Medical Law and Bioethics
- University of Essex - LLB Law
- Member of Manchester Law Society
- Former Law Society Medical Negligence Panel Member
- Trustee of Stockport Cerebral Palsy Society