Luq Ali Principal Lawyer and Head of Fixed Fees - Clinical Negligence
Luq is a principal lawyer and head of fixed fees for clinical negligence claims at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in Cardiff.
Luq has many years' experience advising clients on a variety of different clinical negligence claims. He is responsible for the firm's strategy in response to the current consultation of Fixed Recoverable Costs.
He handles a wide variety of cases including those concerning obstetric negligence, wrongful birth, anaesthetic awareness and surgical negligence.
He has also handled cases involving dental negligence, nursing care and delayed diagnosis cases.
In addition he deals with a variety complex cases which include the delay in diagnosing unusual lymphomas, temporal arteritis, osteoradionecrosis, chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy and spinal stenosis.
Luq also deals with claims concerning consent to treatment and nerve damage.
He has a particular interest in cases involving GP negligence and those involving knee reconstruction or replacement, keyhole surgery, retained surgical equipment, nursing care and birth injury.
- Clinical negligence
- Brain injury
- Birth injury
- Since 2015 Slater and Gordon
- 2014 - 2015 Leo Abse and Cohen
- 2012 – 2014 Brindley Twist Tafft and James Solicitors
- 2010 – 2011 Barcan and Kirby LLP
- 2006 – 2010 Withy King LLP
- University in Bristol
- Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Member of Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA)
- Member of the Society of Clinical Injury Lawyers (SCIL)
- Member of Warwickshire Law Society
- Member of Warwickshire Young Lawyers Society
- Member of Bristol Medico-Legal Society
Recent Testimonials for Luq Ali
“I had an excellent associate finally. From the moment he took over this difficult case he wanted to help achieve suitable and necessary compensation. Nothing was too much trouble for him. He would demonstrate his excellent customer service skills. I really hope he continues to do well in his field.”
Mr A, Cardiff
“I would like to thank yourself and your team in handling this matter with upmost professionalism.”
Mr W, Cardiff
“Thank you very much for all your hard work regarding this matter.”
Mrs G, Cardiff