Ken Brough Solicitor, Personal Injury
Ken is a Senior personal injury solicitor at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in Birmingham. He is an expert in serious and catastrophic claims and has significant experience of dealing with fatalities and the complexities of such claims.
Ken is regularly instructed to act for clients who have suffered life-changing injuries including severe brain/head injuries, spinal cord injuries and multiple trauma. He deals with every case with the technical assurance one would expect, but combines sensitivity with a steely approach to opponents where needed. He recognises that no two cases are the same and that each client has their own needs and circumstances.
Ken works tirelessly for his clients and whilst preferring a collaborative approach with insurers, is unwavering in his pursuit of the best possible outcome for injured people and their families. He has a very approachable and down-to earth style and communicates his advice in clear, jargon-free language.
Examples of some recent cases Ken has dealt with include the following:
- £4m net settlement for a young woman hit on a pedestrian crossing who suffered severe spinal and brain injuries requiring substantial lifelong care; liability was denied and the matter settled the day before trial taking into account substantial liability risks
- £2.5m net settlement for a 62 year old pedestrian struck whilst assisting a driver to reverse into a road, suffering severe brain injuries leaving him with lifelong care needs
- £400k net settlement in a fatal case involving a 5-year old Claimant who was in a road traffic accident in which his mother died next to him, the Claimant’s brother being the Defendant driver. The case involved highly complex issues relating to future care and loss of dependency
- Road traffic accidents
- Spinal injuries
- Multiple Trauma
- Head and brain injuries
- Fatal accidents
- Since July 2014: Slater and Gordon Lawyers UK
- June 2013 - July 2014: Leigh Day Solicitors
- March 1999 - June 2013: OH Parsons and Partners
Recent Testimonials for Ken Brough
“May I take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to for all your work, compassion and regular updates throughout the whole process.”