Julia Bridges Head of Clinical Negligence
Julia is a principal lawyer and head of our clinical negligence team at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in Manchester.
She trained at a niche practice which specialised in claimant clinical negligence and multi-party actions.
Julia has successfully taken cases of maximum severity to trial and achieved substantial settlements for her clients.
She has been involved in multi-party actions including Myodil and ex-servicemen suffering from PTSD.
Julia has advised well-known TV hospital dramas on medical negligence issues relevant to storylines.
- Birth trauma
- Paediatric neurosurgery
- Wrongful birth
- Delayed diagnosis and treatment of cancer
- GP negligence
- Anaesthetic awareness
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Bariatric surgery
- Since 2018: Slater and Gordon Lawyers
- 1997-2018: Linder Myers
- 1994-1997: Betesh Fox & Co
- 1992-1994: Alexander Harris Solicitors
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- College of Law, York
- University of Leicester, LLB
- Member of The Law Society/SRA Clinical Negligence Panel since May 2000
- Accredited as a Senior Litigator by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Former Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Serves as an Independent Funding Assessor for the Legal Aid Agency
Commendations from legal directories
- Ranked in Chambers Legal Directory for Claimant Clinical Negligence in the Northwest since 2004
- Currently ranked Tier 1 in Chambers Legal Directory
- Ranked in Legal 500
- Chambers 2018: 'Julia has a proven track record in claims relating to surgical negligence, amputations and failure to carry out examinations. Sources state that she is "very thorough, good and what she does and always there."'
- Chambers 2019: 'Julia is experienced in child brain and birth injury claims. She is also well versed in cases arising from delays in diagnoses and treatments.'