Hayley Johnson Senior Associate, Employment
Hayley is a Senior Associate in our employment team at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in Edinburgh.
Having qualified as a solicitor in 2008, she is an experienced employment lawyer who is committed to supporting and advising individuals who have been unfairly treated in the workplace.
She is a skilled litigator having appeared on behalf of clients in Employment Tribunals throughout Scotland, England and Wales.
She is regularly asked to speak at conferences on employment rights and discrimination, particularly on matters related to disability discrimination, sex discrimination and equal pay where she has developed substantial expertise.
She has been involved in a number of high profile cases and her previous clients include: Chief Executives, Company Directors, politicians and senior figures across the public sector.
Recent results include securing a sum equivalent to four times an employee’s salary after he was unfairly dismissed.
Her wide ranging employment law experience is complimented with political and policy advisory experience having advised the Labour Party in the run up to the Scottish independence referendum.
Her clients describe her as: knowledgeable, personable and always willing to go that extra mile to secure them the best possible outcome.
- Unfair dismissal
- Breach of contract
- Settlement agreements
- Disability discrimination
- Employment contracts
- Maternity/pregnancy discrimination
- Equal pay
- Sex discrimination
- Age discrimination
- Race discrimination
- Sexual orientation discrimination
- Since 2018: Slater and Gordon Lawyers
- 2015-2018: Thompsons Solicitors
- 2013-2015: Policy Advisor (Scottish Labour Party)
- 2008-2013: Brodies LLP
- 2006-2008: Eversheds LLP
- Studied at the College of Law, York. Distinction in LPC
- Obtained a 1st Class Honours degree in Law from The University of Leicester.
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)
- Member of the Employment Law Group
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales