Fraser Whitehead Head of Business and Specialised Litigation Services
Fraser heads up the Business and Specialised Litigation Services (BSLS) group at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in London.
BSLS comprises of group litigation, business advisory, dispute resolution, estates litigation and media, libel and privacy.
He has an unrivalled level of experience in the field of civil litigation and dispute resolution.
As one of the UK’s leading lawyers in this area, he specialises in handling complex cases involving breaking new legal grounds.
In particular he manages "class actions" - multi-party claims seeking collective redress in particular cases utilising European legislation.
During his career, he has advised individuals and collective groups over a wide variety of legal areas including product liability, financial and investment product selling and anti-trust cartels.
He has been involved in a number of House of Lords and Supreme Court cases as well as Court of Appeal cases.
Fraser is so highly-regarded in his field he was a member of the Blackwell Committee appointed by the Lord Chancellor to examine the way certain types of legal cases were handled by advisors.
He was also a member of the Ministry of Justice's Advisory Council on civil justice costs.
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Legal 500 2015: Named as one of the "Leading Individuals"
- Since 1975 Slater and Gordon
- Member of the Law Society Council
- Chair of the Law Society Council’s legal affairs and policy board
- Past chair of the Law Society civil justice section
- Former chair of the Law Society’s civil justice committee
- Chair of the Law Society consumer affairs group
- Trustee of the Mary Ward charitable trust and a former director of the Mary Ward Law Centre
- Former chair of the Child Accident Prevention Trust
- Past chair of the Society of Labour Lawyers
- Council member of the Islington Free Legal Advice Service
- Founder of the then Big Friend Little Friend charity which is now one of the largest UK organisations assisting single-parent families
Recent Testimonials for Fraser Whitehead
“I feel that our case was handled with immense skill and passion by Fraser Whitehead and his team, my family and I are in their debt! For any of you out there who are thinking of going down the legal route I cannot believe you will find a better Barrister than Richard Edward, as with Slater and Gordon his commitment was beyond the call.”
“Fraser Whitehead and the team a Slater and Gordon secured me a very pleasing result in my case encouraging me to fight on long after I felt I had got all I could and I was very pleased with the outcome and their determination which enabled me to put my plans back on track. Fraser's diligence and skilled negotiation has yielded a great result, a significant material improvement to me and my family's life has resulted. I commend the team at Slater and Gordon wholeheartedly.”