Fraser Whitehead Senior Litigation Consultant in Specialised Litigation Services
Fraser has an unrivalled level of experience in the field of civil litigation and dispute resolution.
As one of the UK’s leading lawyers in this area, he specialises in handling complex cases, particularly those involving breaking new legal grounds.
In particular he manages "class actions" - multi-party claims seeking collective redress in particular cases utilising UK and European legislation.
During his career, he has advised individuals and collective groups over a wide variety of legal areas including product liability, financial and investment product selling and anti-trust cartels.
He has been involved in a number of House of Lords and Supreme Court cases as well as Court of Appeal cases.
Fraser is so highly-regarded in his field he was a member of the Blackwell Committee appointed by the Lord Chancellor to examine the way certain types of legal cases were handled by advisors.
He was a member of the Ministry of Justice's Advisory Council on civil justice costs.
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Legal 500 2014-17: Named as one of the "Leading Individuals"
- Since 1975 Slater and Gordon Lawyers
- Member of the Law Society Council
- Past Chair of the Law Society Council’s Legal Affairs and Policy Board (LAPB)
- Chair of the Law Society Council Membership Committee
- Former Chair of the Law Society’s Civil Justice Committee
- Chair of the Law Society Consumer Affairs Group
- Trustee of the Mary Ward charitable trust and a former director of the Mary Ward Law Centre
- Former Chair of the Child Accident Prevention Trust
- Past Chair of the Society of Labour Lawyers
- Council Member of the Islington Free Legal Advice Service
- Founder of the then Big Friend Little Friend charity which is now one of the largest UK organisations assisting single-parent families