David Barda Solicitor (Foreign Qualified), Group Litigation
David is a solicitor in our group litigation team in London.
As a foreign qualified solicitor, he has experience practising in employment, discrimination and workplace relations. He has worked on major litigation projects and investigations, including acting as part of a team of solicitors assisting two Royal Commissions.
David has also worked as a political advisor to the Attorney General of Australia, working on matters including law reform, access to justice and public international law. He has also acted as Senior Associate to the Hon. Justice Marcia Neave AO at the Supreme Court of Victoria, Court of Appeal, managing appellate litigation and assisting her Honour in Court.
He has a long standing interest in pro-bono work and human rights, assisting the GRACE death penalty advocacy centre to prepare the defence for a number of clients on death row in Texas and sitting on the Policy Committee for Liberty Victoria.
David has also taught legal education classes inside the Victorian prison system.
- Human rights
- Since January 2017: Slater and Gordon Lawyers
- 2015: Royal Commission into Family Violence
- 2014-2015: Minter Ellison Lawyers
- 2013-2014: Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2008-2013: Parliament of Australia
- Studied at Oxford University (MPP) and Monash University (BA/LLB)
- Member of the Industrial Relations Society of Victoria
- Liberty Victoria