Claire Horton Principal Lawyer, Clinical Negligence
Claire is a Senior Clinical Negligence Lawyer at Slater and Gordon Lawyers’ office in Manchester.
Claire handles claims for all clinical negligence clients, but has a special interest in cases relating to birth injury.
She has more than 25 years of experience representing children and adults, often in cases where compensation drastically exceeds £1 million.
During her career she has developed unique solutions in settlements to ensure that the lifelong needs of her clients can be met fully.
This has been especially significant in cases relating to both cerebral palsy and non-cerebral palsy (atypical) birth injury.
It has also proved to be a useful tool in negotiating compensation in a wide variety of high value cases including delayed cancer diagnosis, failure to provide vitamin k to a newborn baby, compartment syndrome of the lower limbs and the delayed diagnosis of brain tumours.
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Chambers and Partners 2018: Claire is described as combining "enormous empathy with legal skill and tenacity in pursuing her clients' cases."
- Legal 500, 2017 Recommended Lawyer
- Since 2014 Slater and Gordon
- 2013 – 2014 Pannone Solicitors
- 1998 – 2013 John Pickering and Partners
- Sydney Sussex College, Cambridge
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Manchester University
- Member of the Law Society
- Appointed to the specialist clinical negligence panel for Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA)
- Senior litigator in the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Diploma in counselling
Recent Testimonials for Claire Horton
“Thank you very much for all your hard work and effort you have put into my child’s case to achieve the best for their future. We will always remember you.”
Ms P, Greater Manchester