Slater and Gordon Lawyers have the largest specialist team in the country advising individual Senior Executives and Company Directors on all issues of employment and partnership law. Call our Employment Solicitors 24 hours 7 days a week on freephone 0161 830 9642 or contact us online.
Solicitors for Senior Executives
Many people can expect at some stage in their careers to have to take professional advice from an employment lawyer. This may be before they start a new job, while they are doing it or when they leave.
Having heard too often and too late, ‘I wish I’d found out about this before now. I didn’t bother to check at the time’, we know it is vital to address the critical points before they become a problem.
Unlike other firms, we represent only individuals, be they executive or non-executive directors, senior managers and members of professional organisations or shareholders. This gives us a unique perspective when facing, as we regularly do, some of the largest organisations in the United Kingdom and the world.
How our Lawyers Help Senior Executives
Our team has for many years been working with individuals across a broad range of industries. We understand the tactics used by employers and their advisers; several members of our team come from a corporate background. We are therefore familiar with what is important both to organisations and to clients. Our experience enables us to anticipate and deal with organisations through negotiation, mediation or, if necessary, legal proceedings.
Our approach is to work with those organisations and our clients to deliver positive solutions, not legal problems. Our role is not just about legal counsel. It is to enable our clients to work confidently with supportive, knowledgeable professionals who can make a difference to their situation. We focus on giving pragmatic, legal and strategic advice.
We offer a skilful, explicit examination of each situation. If we raise a matter, it is because it is important to us and to our clients.
Additional Support for Senior Executives
If a situation requires legal proceedings or mediation, we have a team of skilled lawyers who are well positioned to help. Other areas of work for the team are:
- Reviewing employment contracts and negotiating new terms
- Advising on corporate governance and remuneration codes
- Commenting on and negotiating incentive plans, including carried interest plans
- Advising on tax and pensions (or referring clients to specialists for detailed technical advice where this is needed)
- Reviewing and negotiating shareholder and investor agreements
- Advising directors on their legal responsibilities as directors
- Giving independent advice to boards of companies
- Advising partners and members of LLPs on their positions
- Negotiating terms of departure and advising on their impact
- Helping clients when they wish to move jobs, whether or not with their colleagues.
The Legal 500 United Kingdom 2016/17 edition stated that "Slater and Gordon is highly regarded for its senior executive work for partners, City executives and medical professionals. The team is particularly prominent in contentious matters in the Employment Tribunal and the High Court. Julie Morris leads the department, which includes Paul Daniels, who is recommended for discrimination cases, finance sector specialist Clive Howard and John Marshall.“
Recent Cases for Senior Executives
- Advising the chief executive of a telecommunications company on his service agreement where the future ownership of the company was uncertain
- Negotiating the departure terms of the operations director of a well-known drinks company where there was a wish for him to continue working during his one-year notice period
- Representing a senior banker in the City of London who lost his job when one of the two substantial businesses he managed was sold
- Issuing proceedings in a high-value whistleblowing case on behalf of a senior executive who was dismissed after raising a serious corporate governance issue (resolved at mediation).
Whether you are working for a national or an international organisation, and whether the matter is amicable or highly contentious, Slater and Gordon Lawyers can help.
For more information download and print our legal advice guide about Executive Dismissal.
Call our Employment Law Solicitors on freephone 0161 830 9642 or contact us online.
Slater and Gordon Lawyers is one of the UK's largest and well known law firms with offices in London, Manchester, Watford, Liverpool, Chester, Birmingham, Sheffield, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Cambridge, Milton Keynes, Preston, Wakefield and Wrexham.
Employment Solicitors at Slater and Gordon UK are members of the Employment Lawyers Association.