Tracey Benson Principal Lawyer and Employers Liability Lead , Personal Injury
Tracey heads up the Employers‘ Liability Department at Slater and Gordon’s London office and has over 2 decades of experience. She specialises in workplace accidents but also has experience of all types of injury cases including road traffic crashes and public liability.
She has a particular interest in sports injuries and has handled notable cases on behalf of professional footballers and other sporting accidents which have attracted media coverage. She has been instructed by the Professional Footballers Association to represent their members.
She represents clients with severe acquired brain injuries, spinal injuries and also amputees. Notable cases include a settlement this year of £6 million for a tetraplegic client injured in an RTA with difficult liability issues. Other notable settlements include £1.125 million for a client who was left brain injured after a road traffic crash and £900,000 for a Charlton Athletic footballer. Tracey has also secured large settlements of £500,000 for a Professor of Law at a university who sustained a serious knee injury. She has also received media attention in relation to a settlement of £750,000 on behalf of a forensic examiner severely injured in Afghanistan when an item he was examining exploded rendering serious injuries to his right hand.
She has appeared on radio and television. She has appeared on Good Morning Britain and London Live. The firm holds an employers’ liability broadcasting day annually which is conducted by Tracey. She has a reputation as a keen litigator and has a number of articles published in the legal press. She regularly attends charity activities with Wheelpower, Spinal Injuries Association and Headway. Tracey is also a member of APIL and the Association of Women Solicitors.
- Workplace accidents
- Road traffic accidents
- Accidents abroad
- Criminal injury
- Product liability
- Professional negligence
- Clinical negligence
- Serious injury
- Brain injury
- Spinal injury
- Sports injury
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Legal 500: Tracey is “tenacious, dedicated, smart and commercially switched-on".
- Chambers and Partners 2016: Tracey is an "extremely polished lawyer" whom clients "absolutely love".
- Chambers and Partners 2017, ranked as an Associate to Watch: "great and very personable" with a "willingness to run difficult cases."
- Chambers and Partners 2018, ranked as an Associate to Watch.
- Chambers and Partners 2019: "Calm, clear-thinking, even tempered, knowledgeable and supportive."
- Since 2012: Slater and Gordon
- 1992 – 2012: Russell Jones and Walker (Acquired by Slater and Gordon in 2012)
- Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Member of the Association of Women Solicitors
Recent Testimonials for Tracey Benson
“Taking on The Ministry of Justice, and winning, is a huge deal. This compensation means the world for me, as it marks the end of the most difficult and challenging years of my life so far, but also symbolises new beginnings for me too. Your sheer professionalism, friendly and approachable nature really helped to cut through the jargon, and helped me to better understand what was going on.”