Tracey Benson Principal Lawyer and Employers Liability Lead , Personal Injury
Tracey is a Principal Lawyer and Head of Employers’ Liability at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in London and has over 2 decades of experience.
She specialises in workplace accidents but also has experience of all types of injury cases including road traffic collisions, public liability and accidents abroad.
She has a particular interest in sports injuries and has handled notable cases on behalf of professional footballers and other sporting accidents which have attracted media coverage. She has been instructed by the Professional Footballers Association to represent their members.
She represents clients with severe acquired brain injuries, spinal injuries and also amputees. Her notable cases include a settlement of £1.125 million for a brain injured client injured in a road traffic collision and £900,000 for a Charlton Athletic Footballer and £500,000 for a professor of law at Middlesex University who fell and injured her knee at work. She has recently received media attention in relation to a settlement of £750,000 on behalf of a forensic examiner severely injured in Afghanistan when an item he was examining exploded rendering serious injury to his right hand.
She has also just finalised a settlement of £6 million for a tetraplegic client with difficult liability issues. This case in particular involved putting in place a comprehensive 24 hour care package and re-housing the Claimant.
She regularly appears on the radio and television. She has appeared on Good Morning Britain, BBC news, London Live and regularly appears on national radio stations. Tracey also conducts the firm's annual employer’s liability broadcast day.
Many of her settlements have reached the national press. She has a reputation as a keen litigator and has a number of articles published in the legal press. She regularly attends charity activities with Wheelpower, Spinal Injuries Association and Headway.
- Workplace accidents
- Road traffic accidents
- Accidents abroad
- Criminal injury
- Product liability
- Professional negligence
- Clinical negligence
- Serious injury
- Brain injury
- Spinal injury
- Sports injury
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Legal 500: Tracey is “tenacious, dedicated, smart and commercially switched-on".
- Chambers and Partners 2016: Tracey is an "extremely polished lawyer" whom clients "absolutely love".
- Chambers and Partners 2017, ranked as an Associate to Watch: "great and very personable" with a "willingness to run difficult cases."
- Chambers and Partners 2018, ranked as an Associate to Watch.
- Chambers and Partners 2019: "Calm, clear-thinking, even tempered, knowledgeable and supportive."
- Since 2012: Slater and Gordon
- 1992 – 2012: Russell Jones and Walker (Acquired by Slater and Gordon in 2012)
- Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Member of the Association of Women Solicitors
Recent Testimonials for Tracey Benson
“Taking on The Ministry of Justice, and winning, is a huge deal. This compensation means the world for me, as it marks the end of the most difficult and challenging years of my life so far, but also symbolises new beginnings for me too. Your sheer professionalism, friendly and approachable nature really helped to cut through the jargon, and helped me to better understand what was going on.”