David Dunne Principal Lawyer, Industrial Disease
David is a Principal Lawyer at Slater and Gordon in Manchester. He manages a team in the industrial disease department, and has specialised in disease cases for over 30 years.
His particular area of specialism is claims for asbestos related disease, including mesothelioma, lung cancer, asbestosis and pleural thickening. David has also dealt with numerous claims for other types of industrial disease, including occupational cancers, vibration white finger/hand arm vibration syndrome, occupational asthma, occupational dermatitis and work related upper limb disorder.
David has considerable expertise in high value cases, and has handled important group test cases. He has been involved in a number of high profile and landmark disease cases, dealt with on appeal by the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court.
- Asbestos related disease
- Occupational cancers
- Vibration White Finger/Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome
- Work Related Upper Limb Disorder
- Occupational Asthma
- Occupational Dermatitis
- Farmer -v- Rolls Royce and Others (fatal mesothelioma claim in which damages of £4.3M were awarded to the Claimant at trial)
- Knox and Others -v- Cammell Laird Shipbuilders Limited (welding fume exposure test cases)
- McCamley -v- Cammell Laird Shipbuilders Limited (Court of Appeal industrial accident claim)
- Schofield -v- Saunders & Taylor Limited (Court of Appeal mesothelioma case)
- Maguire -v- Harland & Wolff Limited (Court of Appeal mesothelioma case)
- Sienkiewicz -v- Greif UK Limited (Supreme Court mesothelioma case)
- Since June 2019: Slater and Gordon
- 2017 to 2019: Roberts Jackson/AWH Solicitors
- 2015 to 2017: Beacon Law
- 2013 to 2015: Michael W Halsall Solicitors
- 1985 to 2013: Hill Dickinson LLP
- Law Society
- Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) with Senior Litigator accreditation