Laura Cleevely Associate, Clinical Negligence
Laura is an associate solicitor in our clinical negligence team at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in London.
She qualified in 2011 and has since specialised in clinical negligence. She previously trained in a regional firm with a strong client focus and then moved to a national firm to strengthen her experience. She currently enjoys working in our London office within a close, experienced team that has a drive for client care.
Laura acts for claimants for a wide range of issues, including birthing and spinal injuries, misdiagnosis, fatal claims, surgical errors and consent issues. She has assisted in group action litigation and has experience advising clients on medical product liability claims.
Laura was part of the team who achieved global settlement in the sum of £37 million for the Ian Paterson Litigation. This case involved novel points of law and attracted much media attention. It is thought that the case may lead to a public enquiry into the regulation of private doctors.
- University of East Anglia, LLB Law
- College of Law London, LPC
- Since August 2016: Slater and Gordon Lawyers UK
- Member of the Paterson Team - Winner of the Excellence Awards 2018
- Paterson Case - Nominated for Case of the Year at the PI Awards 2018
Media coverage of the Ian Paterson case
- Ian Paterson Spire Healthcare to pay out £27.2m to victims of rogue breast surgeon
Telegraph (Web), 13/09/2017
- Victims of disgraced breast surgeon Ian Paterson are awarded £37m
The Times Online (News), 13/09/2017
- 'Cover-up' let rogue surgeon play God
The Daily Telegraph (Main), 29/04/2017
- NHS covered up breast surgeon with 'god complex' who needlessly butchered hundreds of women
Telegraph (Web), 28/04/2017
Recent Testimonials for Laura Cleevely
“Can't thank both Lauras enough. Both of them were friendly and very efficient to say the least. They maintained a fantastic level of professionalism whilst remaining approachable. Lovely ladies!”
Mrs W, Essex