Joanne Warren Solicitor, Medical Negligence
Joanne is an experienced litigation solicitor and associate specialising in medical negligence claims at Slater and Gordon in London. She has more than 24 years’ post-qualification experience and is a Team Leader in the department.
Her experience includes claims against GPs, hospitals, care homes, dentists, surgeons, nurses and ambulance service providers etc. She brings claims against both the NHS and private clinicians.
However, her particular areas of expertise are birth and obstetric injuries, delays in cancer diagnosis, orthopaedic injuries and negligent surgical technique.
Joanne has conducted many high-value catastrophic injury cases, including brain injury and amputation cases. She has also concluded a number of cerebral palsy cases, the last three of which had capitalised settlement values of £8 million, £10 million and £11 million.
Currently, Joanne is instructed where there is a very complex financial loss claim based upon a technology developed by the Claimant.
She is also currently instructed in a number of catastrophic injury claims following failures in management after suffering a stroke, as well as several lower limb amputation cases.
Joanne works closely with her clients to understand their individual needs and is passionate about achieving the best result possible for her clients.
- Medical negligence
- Catastrophic injury
- Birth and obstetric injuries
- Delays in cancer diagnosis
- Surgical error
- Since June 2018: Slater and Gordon Lawyers
- 2018: DBS Law Ltd
- 2017: Fletchers Solicitors
- 2013-2017: Wadsworths Solicitors
- 2001-2013: Blakemores Solicitors
- 1999-2001: Bradshaws Solicitors
- 1997-1999: Blakemores Solicitors
- 1992-1997: Rutherfords Solicitors
- 2:1 (Honours) Degree in Law, Sociology and Economics (1991)
- Law Society Finals (1992)
- University of Law mentor and competition judge
- Member of the Birmingham Medico-Legal Society
- Member of the Society of Clinical Injury Lawyers
- Member of Headway (Birmingham and Solihull)
- Accredited by the Law Society in Clinical Negligence