Senior Associate Solicitor
I have over 14 years of specialising in complex catastrophic injury cases. I fight hard to make sure my clients have access to the best possible treatment and rehabilitation following their injuries and for the maximum amount of damages possible to secure their future.
Get to know Helen
I am a brain injury specialist in the Serious Injury team in the Manchester office. I joined Slater & Gordon in 2008 and qualified as a solicitor in 2012.
I assist clients and their families who have suffered catastrophic injuries. I represent clients with brain injuries, spinal injuries, injuries resulting in amputation, psychiatric injuries and other multiple injuries. I also represent bereaved families who have lost loved ones.
The litigation process can be daunting. My aim is to make it as straightforward as it can be. I listen to what you want and then guide you through the process to achieve that goal.
I have three young children which keeps me busy! In any rare spare time, I enjoy outdoor activities including horse riding, paddle boarding and long walks on the beach.
During the course of my career, I have achieved and assisted with numerous multi-million pound settlements which have provided for my client’s rehabilitation and future needs.
- Over £9 M for a young man who sustained a very serious brain injury following a road traffic accident and now needs a 24/7 care and support regime for the rest of his life.
- Acting for a family in cases against former Manchester City footballer, Courtney Meppen-Walter, who was convicted of driving his Mercedes along Bury New Road, Manchester, when he collided with a Nissan Micra vehicle. The parents were tragically killed and the backseat teenage sons sustained catastrophic injuries.
- Securing a seven figure settlement for a nervous shock claim as a result of witnessing the immediate aftermath of an accident.
- Securing the maximum award from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) for a client who sustained a head injury and successfully representing a shaken baby at the CICA Tribunal.
- Securing a seven figure settlement for a client who sustained minor orthopaedic injuries in a road traffic accident but whom lost out on the possibility of future promotions in the military.
Earlier in my career, I acted for victims and survivors of abuse. I was involved in many high profile abuse cases such as:
- Victims of child sexual exploitation in Rochdale and other areas of the country
- John Worboys
- Jimmy Savile
The extra mile
I have appeared on Granada ITV news on several occasions and I have also appeared on BBC Radio Manchester and other radio stations in respect of high profile cases that I have been involved in.
I am also a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
I am involved in providing training to various charities, case managers and other professionals.