Heather Moore Associate Solicitor, Medical Negligence
Heather is a medical negligence associate solicitor at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in London.
Upon joining in January 2017, Heather was solely dedicated to working towards the successful resolution of the Ian Paterson litigation. She worked as part of a team which successfully negotiated a global settlement of the litigation for £37 million. The settlement was approved by the Court so as to allow over 750 claimants and additional future claimants to finally achieve justice and receive compensation for their injuries. Heather continues to assist patients coming forward since the settlement of the litigation. This case has brought the issue of private sector regulation and patient safety to the forefront of legal debate, media investigation and reporting. A full public inquiry is being undertaken by the government as a result.
Heather specialises in a range of clinical negligence cases and advises clients on issues including orthopaedic injuries, delay in diagnosis and surgical errors. She has also assisted with claims relating to birth injuries.
- Since 2017: Slater and Gordon Lawyers UK
- 2013-2017: OH Parsons LLP Solicitors
- Studied at the University of Law, Guildford (LPC, Distinction)
- Studied at Bournemouth University (LLB Hons 2:1)
- Member of the Law Society
Media coverage of the Ian Paterson litigation
- BBC: About 750 victims of rogue breast surgeon Ian Paterson are to be paid compensation from a new £37m fund
- ITV: Victims of jailed breast surgeon Ian Paterson to be paid £37m
- The Times: Hundreds of private patients maimed by the disgraced breast surgeon Ian Paterson are to receive compensation payouts totalling £37 million
- Personal Injury Awards 2019 nominee - Young Achiever of the Year
- PICC Awards 2019 nominee - Rising star of the Year
- Adroit excellence awards 2018 winner - Paterson team
- Proclaim legal awards 2018 nominee - Outstanding Case of The Year: Paterson Team
- Proclaim legal awards 2018 nominee - Medical Negligence Team of the Year
Recent Testimonials for Heather Moore
“I highly recommend Heather Moore and her team from the London office of Slater and Gordon lawyers. I am really grateful for the way that they went above and beyond to help me through my medical negligence claim successfully”
Mrs B. Letchworth
“I would like to say thank you for your dealings with my claim. I am at a loss for words and could never express how pleased I am with the outcome. Extremely satisfied with the service. ”
“Slater and Gordon, from the first time I contacted them, could not have been more helpful, compassionate and on the ball. I can't thank you enough. I would highly recommend this company to everyone.”
Mrs F, Staffordshire