Doreen Reeves Solicitor, Employment
Doreen is an employment lawyer at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in London.
She has extensive employment, contract and discrimination experience - both contentious and non-contentious. She acts for a wide range of clients including chief executives and individuals within the banking industry, directors, solicitors, health care professionals, media professionals, government, and trade unions and their members.
Doreen is a strategic and highly technical lawyer who strives to achieve the best outcome for her clients.
She regularly advises her clients on severance terms, interpretation of contract terms, post termination restrictive covenants, settlement agreements and exit packages. She is capable of handling complex claims and negotiating high value claims of millions of pounds.
Doreen has acted for multi claimants, and has been the Solicitor in reported cases which has included a landmark case on costs in the Employment Appeal Tribunal. She has also worked with Queen's Counsel on numerous high profile cases.
During her career, she has been the Lead Employment Lawyer in Local Government, advising on TUPE, employment policy and procedure and has provided employment law advice and representation across Government departments. She has also managed the employment law service for the RMT, Unite and CWU union where she handled cases in the national media and appeared on BBC news. She continues to act for members of the Police Federation and the University and College Union.
Doreen holds the public appointment as Member of the Law Society Employment Law Committee and is a Pro Bono Lawyer for the Employment Lawyers Association and member of the working party responding on behalf of the ELA to Government consultations.
- Equal pay
- Unfair dismissal
- Commercial litigation
- Multi-claimant action
- Senior executives
- Restrictive covenants
- Settlement agreements
- Contract negotiation
- Strategy and business planning
- Financial, service and people management
- Slater and Gordon Lawyers UK
- Deputy Head of Law - Staffordshire County Council
- Employment Group Lawyer - Treasury Solicitors Department
- Deputy Head of Law - London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
- Partner and Head of Employment - Edwards Duthie Solicitors
- LLM, Masters in Employment Law
- PG Dip - University of Cambridge
- LPC - The College of Law, London
- Member of the Employment Law Committee of the Law Society
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Association
- Member of Solace (Society of Senior Managers and Chief Executives in Local Government)
- Member of the Solicitors Litigation Association
- Member of Industrial Law Society
- Member of the Discrimination Law Association
Recent Testimonials for Doreen Reeves
“We appreciate your legal expertise, professionalism, and friendliness and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the hard work you have invested in the case, with winning results. ”
M Sangar, Local Government, London
“Thank you for your clear help and support during my recent experience. I felt that I was in good hands and your calm approach was always reassuring.”
“Doreen Reeves was very professional in handling my case and very sympathetic and believed in me. I am pleased with Doreen’s hard professional work and appreciate the quick turnaround time in helping me to meet the Employment Tribunal timescales and deadlines. I strongly recommend Doreen to anyone who requires a knowledgeable, professional and friendly solicitor.”
Mr Evans, Gas Inspector for Local Government