Family law

International family lawyers

Whether you are a foreign national living in England or Wales, or you live overseas but have ties to England and Wales, we can assist you, even if it means that we recommend you consider taking action in another jurisdiction.

Daughter hugging her mother outside

International family law experts

Slater and Gordon's experienced international family lawyers have the understanding and the expertise you need. Call us now on 0330 041 5869 or contact us online today and we will call you.

Talk to a family law expert today

Contact us

Who can help me with international family law?

Family law issues can be complex, even when you all live in the UK. But when you add an international dimension to your marital and family arrangements, things can become increasingly complicated.

That's why we are here to offer you a wealth of international family law expertise, whether you are considering divorce or need help with international children's issues or with financial claims relating to a divorce that was granted either overseas or in the UK. Our international family lawyers can generally help if:

  • Both you and your spouse are resident in England or Wales
  • Either you or your spouse lives in England or Wales and has done for at least six months
  • Either party is domiciled in England or Wales: this means that even if you are currently living abroad, your usual home is in England or Wales

Who has jurisdiction in international family cases?

Establishing jurisdiction is one of the most complex and important aspects of international family law. It often hinges on factors such as the nationality and residential status of the parties involved; where the assets are held, or in which country do the children attend school.

If you have any international family issues that may result in legal action across borders - from divorce to financial claims and orders – the sooner you talk to an international family lawyer the more chance there is of making sure everything is dealt with properly to achieve the best outcome for you.

Call us now on 0330 041 5869 or contact us online today and we will call you.

Can you help with international children's issues?

Issues such as custody and child maintenance can become incredibly fraught, particularly if divorced or separated parents wish to live in different countries.

The key to fair and speedy resolutions is often to act quickly to have your case heard under the right jurisdiction. It's also essential to ensure that in addition to having in-depth knowledge of international family law, your lawyers have the sensitivity to put the needs of children first.

Slater and Gordon's international family lawyers are all committed to achieving practical, positive solutions in all disputes that relate to child arrangements, including those involving relocation matters.

Why choose us for international family law issues?

International family disputes can be highly complex, due to the number of different laws and remedies that exist across different jurisdictions.

Whether you are based in Dubai, the USA, Spain or anywhere else across the globe, you need to take advice from an expert international family lawyer at the earliest opportunity.

Call us now on 0330 041 5869 or contact us online today and we will call you.

Search our website
Sorry, we have no results to show
Please try a different search term.
Oops, something went wrong
Please try typing in your search again.
Back to top