Family law

Family court lawyers

When family matters end up in court, you may need the support and advice of experienced family court lawyers. Our dedicated team is here to help you in any family court proceedings.

Close-up of a woman standing by the window drinking coffee.

Dedicated family court lawyers

Slater and Gordon's team of family lawyers have the empathy and the expertise you need in family court proceedings. Call us now on 0330 041 5869 or contact us online and we will be happy to call you and discuss your options without obligation.

Talk to a family law expert today

Contact us

Do I need a lawyer at family court proceedings?

Naturally, it all depends on the circumstances of the proceedings. However, in matters where there is likely to be any argument, we generally advise that you should at the very least take legal advice before attending a family court hearing.

Our family court lawyers are highly experienced in providing support in relation to family court proceedings. This can be a big help if you are worried about the outcome of a family court hearing, particularly where other parties to the proceedings are likely to have legal representation or where the repercussions of the hearing could be serious, including cases that involve:

• Grandparent rights

• Child arrangement orders

• Financial remedy proceedings

• Relocation proceedings

• Proceedings dealing with specific issues such as a child's religious upbringing

This list isn't exhaustive and if you are at all worried about having to attend any family court proceedings, you should talk to one of our family court lawyers. We will be happy to advise you on whether or not you need support for the family court proceedings.

Can a Mackenzie Friend help me at family court?

McKenzie Friends are individuals who can attend court hearings with you and help you to prepare for the hearing. However, they cannot talk in court on your behalf and of course, they are not legally qualified. However, if you are not able to afford legal fees for the hearing, this may be an option you want to consider

It's important to know however, that a Mackenzie Friend won't usually be legally qualified, and should only be relied upon to take notes and provide you with support and suggestions, as opposed to proper legal advice.

Can the Personal Support Unit help me?

The Personal Support Unit (PSU) is a charity that exists to provide help and support to people attending the Family Court without the benefit of legal representation. Again, the PSU won't be able to offer you legal advice, but they may be a good option if you simply want a little practical guidance and emotional support at what can be a stressful time.

How we can help

Our family court lawyers understand that all situations differ - it’s not always a one-size-fits-all - so we make sure that we provide tailored advice and guidance to suit your individual needs.

Call us now on 0330 041 5869 or contact us online today and we will call you.

Search our website
Sorry, we have no results to show
Please try a different search term.
Oops, something went wrong
Please try typing in your search again.
Back to top