Slater and Gordon Lawyers has been representing Cycling UK members since 2002 and are experts when it comes to injuries caused by cycling accidents. For legal advice or immediate representation for a road traffic collision call us on 0330 107 1789 or start your claim online.
If you’ve been involved in an incident with another vehicle on the road there are several steps which you should follow to increase your chance of making a successful claim.
- If injured ensure that you seek medical advice from a hospital or your GP
- Never admit that it was your fault
- Note the driver’s name, address, vehicle registration number and insurance details
- Take names, telephone numbers and addresses of as many witnesses as possible
- Report the incident to the Police
- Take photographs of the accident scene and visible injuries
- Keep any damaged clothing and bike parts and try to obtain a written assessment of the damaged items
- If you incur any expenses as a direct result of the incident, make sure you keep a full record of these along with receipts where appropriate
If you’re injured in a cycling accident and someone else was to blame, whether fully to blame or only partly, you may have the right to seek compensation. As a Cycling UK member you will receive a free unique legal advice service which includes keeping 100% of your compensation.
Call the Cycling UK Incident Line on 0330 107 1789. Call 24 hours 365 days a year or start your claim online. Don’t forget to have your Cycling UK membership details to hand so we can verify your membership status.
If you’re not a member of Cycling UK but have been injured in a road traffic collision, visit our road traffic collisions page for further information on how to make a claim.
0330 numbers are free to call if your landline or mobile phone plan includes free calls to landlines. If your phone plan doesn’t include free calls, calls will be charged at the same rate as a standard landline.