Call us now on: 0161 830 9632
Contact us Existing clients

Land dispute solicitors

Resolving a land dispute

Whether it's a shared boundary or a right of way, there are different situations, which can lead to a land dispute. If you're involved in a land dispute and are looking for expert legal advice, our solicitors are here to assist you.

Causal business meeting

Property solicitors

Slater and Gordon have expert property solicitors ready to deal with all aspects of residential freehold and leasehold conveyancing. Contact us online today, call us on 0161 830 9632 or try our online conveyancing calculator.

Free residential conveyancing quote online

Conveyancing quote

Land dispute explained

There are different reasons for land disputes. They can be about boundaries or access and right of way. We've extensive experience resolving disputes in different situations such as:

  • Inaccuracies between the different sets of documentation
  • Removal or replacement of the boundary in previous years
  • Agreements between previous owners of the property that slightly change the location of the boundary
  • Changes to the boundary line
  • Professional negligence
  • Refurbishments
  • Disputes over trees and high hedges
  • Japanese knotweed disputes

Why should I consider legal assistance when resolving a land dispute?

If you're thinking about selling your property at some point in the future, an unresolved land dispute can lower the value. Most buyers will not want to acquire a property with an unresolved land dispute. Added to the list above, we can help you when it comes to disputes over one of the following laws and regulations:

If you're stuck with an unresolved land dispute, we strongly advise you to work with an expert solicitor. For further information or assistance, please contact us.

Costs of legal advice

At Slater and Gordon, we want to avoid hidden fees and unexpected costs. That's why we will provide you with a fixed quote before starting our services. That way, you know exactly what you'll be paying and what services you'll receive for your money.

Will I have to go to court?

Taking your case to court can be expensive and stressful. It can also make the relationship between yourself and your neighbour worst. We aim to settle any disagreements outside of court. We're known for our skills at using alternatives to litigation wherever possible.

My neighbours' dogs are kept in their backyard and they bark all night. Can I claim for private nuisance?

A private nuisance claim can be brought forward if your land has been affected by a nuisance of some sort e.g.:

  • A leak in water pipes or sewage system
  • Encroaching tree branches and roots
  • Smells or noises
  • Other disturbances

A nuisance is usually a result of an unreasonable use of someone's land, whether the other person is a tenant or the owner of the property. If you're subjected to excessive noise during the night from your neighbour, you may be able to claim. Contact us to establish your full legal position 0161 830 9632.

woman on a phone

Would you rather speak to us?

One of our friendly advisors would be happy to speak to you.

Call us for free on 0330 107 5052