Several personal injury compensation claims may be launched by the employees of a company after it emerged their lives had been put in danger.
As many as 37 professionals could be suffering with the potentially-lethal condition of carbon monoxide poisoning due to the negligence of Suffolk Mushroom in September 2010.
An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found that the company was housing this group of workers in a disused office block at the Shepherd Grove Industrial Estate in Bury St Edmonds, despite the fact the building was fitted with an unsafe boiler.
The HSE established this accommodation was heated by a Liquefied Petroleum Gas boiler, but the company was not in possession of the legally-required gas safety certificate for the equipment.
John Claxton, inspector with the HSE, commented: "It is difficult to believe that workers can be exposed to such unnecessary risks ... There is absolutely no excuse to treat employees like this."
Contact our accident and injury solicitors on 0800 916 9046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like advice on any personal injury matter
Posted by Chris Stevenson