A woman who contracted salmonella poisoning
while away on her honeymoon is set to receive a payout.
According to reports in the Birmingham Mail, Jennifer Bulman was affected by vomiting and diarrhoea during a holiday to Fuerteventura, the second largest of the Canary Islands.
The 36-year-old mother-of-three stated: "I was virtually confined to the hotel room for the remainder of our holiday and even when I ventured to the poolside I had to be sure I was not far from a toilet."
She added that she spent more time away from her new husband than she did with him.
Ms Bulman also claims to still suffer from gastric and rheumatological problems and has been unable to return to work since the holiday, which was taken two years ago.
First Choice Holidays and Flights has reportedly admitted liability in the case and negotiations are said to be underway regarding a settlement.