A childcare worker from Gwent is seeking compensation after her dream Caribbean wedding was ruined by food poisoning, the Sunday Mirror reports.
Carly Morgan, along with 19 other members of her party, was struck by the poisoning
four days into her stay at the Melia Caribe Tropical Hotel in Bavaro and four days prior to her wedding.
The 26-year-old, who was suffering from a range of symptoms including vomiting, abdominal pains and diarrhoea, was forced to spend two days in hospital with her mother-in-law, who was also affected, lying in the next bed.
Although able to go ahead with the wedding ceremony, Ms Morgan was too ill to eat at the reception and spent all night throwing up.
She commented: "It was supposed to be the best day of my life. But it was a holiday from hell. I spent the whole time either in my hotel room or in hospital. My wedding was ruined."
A woman from South Wooton recently joined a bid to claim compensation after being involved in a bus crash while on holiday in Singapore.