Wendy Hynan Senior Associate, Court of Protection
Wendy is a senior Court of Protection Lawyer with Slater and Gordon in Manchester.
She is an expert in all areas of mental capacity and Court of Protection work with a primary focus on dealing with deputyships.
She represents a wide range of clients who have lost capacity following an accident or through Clinical Negligence and who have sustained maximum severity brain injuries or brain damage and have received a substantial damages award as a result.
Wendy works well with clients who have challenging behaviour and complex needs and has a sensitive approach.
Her clients also include elderly clients with dementia or Alzheimer’s.
She is an expert in applications to the Court of Protection for the appointment of a property and affairs deputy and for the approval of gift and statutory will applications.
On top of this, she is responsible for the day-to-day management of deputyships and trusts and for the financial and investment management of compensation awards.
Wendy is also experienced in welfare benefits and manages this side of the Court of Protection team.
She has extensive knowledge in this area and is responsible for ensuring that all clients are in receipt of all the appropriate benefits, providing assistance and advice to lay deputies regarding benefit entitlement.
- Gifts and statutory wills
- Litigation Support – management of interim payments prior to settlement
- Personal injury and clinical negligence awards
- Management of funds for clients who lack capacity to deal with either own financial affairs
- Management of deputyships and trusts
- Welfare benefit applications and appeals
- Brain injury
- Mental capacity
- Since 2013 Slater and Gordon
- 2005 – 2014 Pannone Solicitors
- 1999 – 2005 Russell Jones and Walker Solicitors
- Manchester College of Arts and Technology
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Member of the Court of Protection Practitioners Association